Friday, March 31, 2006

Bed is for Sleeping... and Table for Studying

It's been a while since my last entry.. I've been busy. Been burying my head and nose into books the past week.. having an exam tomorrow. It's been a while since I took my last paper. Studying isn't exactly fun, but it's kind-of a walk down memory lane.. kind-of like back to schooldays, you know.

And in doing my revision, I did something which I never ever thought I would do. I actually made use of my table! You see, I have this big work table, set up nicely in my room.. but for years, I haven't been using it the way a table ought to be used. It's stacked with trays of files, cds, forms, working stuff, etc.. there's also a vase of hand-made flowers, and some cute beautiful small figurines.. but here's the thing.. I have never sat down at the table before to do my work! That's right, for so many years, I have never done that. And because I have never done any work at the table, I even got rid of the chair couple of years back by deploying it to some other corner of the house.

All along I would do almost everything - sleep, watch tv, write, read, study, work on my laptop, etc.. - on my bed. Sometimes lying down, other times leaning back, or even sprawled out all on the bed (like right now). Basically, my bed is basically my most favorite hangout at home.

Okay, let's leave the bed and get back to the table. Anyway, spending the past week sitting at the table mugging away has been quite a pleasant experience. In fact, I had a great time! I used to think my bed was the most comfy place to be in.. well, it was.. and still is, but problem was.. I always got so comfy on the bed that studying just didn't quite cut it for me.. so more often than not, I fell asleep instead, hahahah.. ;p

Well, I'm not quite sure if I was more efficient at the table than on the bed, but suffice it to say, my whole revision process was made less frustrating ('cos I dozed off less often) which in turn made me feel better about myself. In fact, I'm proud of myself.. :) No big deal definitely, but nonetheless, still proud.. heheh.. ;p

So you see, it took me so long finally realise that the bed is for sleeping.. and the table for studying. But hey, I also happen to know that there're still many uses for the bed and table.. do you?.. ;)

Oh, and did I mention while flipping the pages of my textbooks, I had a great time flipping the channels as well?.. :p

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey nice post you have here....we actually have something in common I finally realized this during my time in the second year of high school which I just finished and moving on to my third year.....going to apply that!!!!