Sunday, July 09, 2006

Justice Done To Amelie.. Finally!!!


Amelie posing for the world to see her Venus Rosewater Dish
(Photo taken from AP Photo/Anja Niedringhaus)

I'm simply delirious with joy now. Amelie Mauresmo, reigning World No. 1 on the women's tennis circuit, and my most favorite player (overtaking Venus Williams on my favorites list during these 2 weeks of Wimbledon), has defeated soundly Justine Henin-Hardenne for her 1st Wimbledon title and her 2nd Grand Slam title of the year!!! *super-big grin from ear to ear*

Momo has finally done it!!! I'm so so happy right now that I'm simply at a loss for words. I'm so happy for Momo.. finally she has shut her critics up, finally she has defeated Justine Henin-Hardenne properly to clinch her 2nd Grand Slam title, and cemented further her No. 1 ranking. In what seems to be a re-match of the Australian Open Women's Singles final this year where Henin-Hardenne retired from the match (from supposed stomach discomforts) trailing 0-2 in the second and down the first set (6-1), Momo continued the fine play that she displayed during the Australian Open final (but was most unfortunately left hanging by Henin-Hardenne's retirement from the match) into the Wimbledon final this year.

Okay, before I get carried away, let me correct myself. It wasn't all that smooth-sailing for Momo right from the word "go". Momo lost the first set quickly and easily enough to Henin-Hardenne 2-6 within 31 minutes.. and had me breaking out in cold sweat and pacing up and down my hall nervously. But she quickly regrouped in the 2nd set.. and came back strongly to level at 6-3. Momo upped her level of play in the final deciding set.. and in the final game when Momo served for the match.. she made no mistakes.. served out 2 beautiful aces and put up a fine and graceful display to bring home the Venus Rosewater Dish - Wimbledon trophy!!!!

What a beautiful day... :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The remach was fair indeed i couldn't belive when i first heard the news