Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Blogger's Rants And Grievances

I don't believe it.

My new blog is still locked by the horrible bots at Blogger's. The one that has a clean empty template and no posts. I definitely didn't know that an empty blog with only a name was capable of causing spam. And the even more unbelievable shocking ridiculous thing is that while it's clearly stated there that the blog would be unlocked in less than a working day once I have verified that there is a real human being working at the blog (which I have faithfully done immediately), it has been more than 3 working days already and my blog remains steadfastly locked.

And while there is the saying that good things come in pairs (or something like that), I can swear the same goes for bad things too. Five days ago, the crawlers at Technorati decided also they didn't like me very much, and decided to stop "pinging" my blogs. So, as a result, my blogs have seen a dramatic drop in traffic.. and are now officially drowned in cyberblog world. And I might as well be blogging offline, 'cos I am almost sure that no matter how much I rant, grunt, scream, curse and swear here, no one's gonna give me his or her time of day.. 'cos Technorati and Blogger have declared w-a-r on me.

Now, at this point, I will explain why I'm typing w-a-r with hyphens in-between. 'Cos my online prince has intelligently enlightened me with the information that there are certain words that can effectively prevent normal Adsense ads from displaying. And w-a-r is one of them. Writing "w-a-r" without the hyphens can cause the Google Adsense bots to place public service ads on my blog for good. And while I'm convinced hardly anyone reads all the nonsense I'm typing these days, I still like my blog to look pretty and sweet.. and public service ads certainly don't cut it for me.

Dear Heavens, what have I done to deserve these??.........

By the way, the blogger here is me.



No comments: